Friday, February 15, 2013

Common Core Organizing System


Where I teach, we have standards very similar to the common core standards. My system for keeping track of my materials was a bit haphazard, to say the least. What was especially unorganized were all my handouts and online files. I decided to get organized, and after developing this 3-ring binder system, I cut my prep time down significantly. I created a page for each standard, written out, that serves as a cover sheet in a binder. Next comes a planning sheet where I write down my lesson plans and the location of online files, powerpoints, videos etc...Then I list handouts and any reading from textbooks. Hard copies of handouts go behind the planning sheet.

This worked so well for me, I decided to create the same thing with 6 - 12 grade common core language arts standards. It was labor-intensive, but the results are well worth it! I've gotten great feedback so far from teachers who are implementing this system. So, if you want to get organized, save yourself the time -- I've done the work for you! Click on any of the covers below to get to the product page.







 



No comments:

Post a Comment